Jelly Belly Flower Cookie Pops
These colorful cookies are fun and easy to make, and are topped with some of your favorite Jelly Belly Confections like Mint Cremes and Swedish fish, and of course lots of Jelly Belly jelly beans!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Knead the sugar cookie dough with the flour on a work surface until smooth. Divide the dough in half.
- Roll out half on a lightly floured surface to a scant 1/4 inch thickness. Use 2 to 3 inch flower shape cookie cutters and cut out as many shapes as possible. Transfer the shapes to the prepared pans on either long edge. Insert a lollipop stick into the dough about half way into the cut out.
- Bake until cookies are golden about 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough and lollipop sticks.
- Combine the powdered sugar and egg white powder in a medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon water and mix well. Add more water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until mixture is thick. Spoon the mixture into a re-sealable bag.
- Snip a very small corner from the bag, about 1/8 inch. Pipe dots of frosting on cookies and attach the Jelly Belly beans. For the center on some of the cookies use the flat mints or cut some of the Jelly Belly beans in half crosswise and add, cut side down. Continue with the remaining Jelly Belly beans and cookies. Let cookies dry at least 2 hours.
- Place a piece of Styrofoam into a clean planter or serving bowl. Fill planter with green Jelly Belly beans. Insert the cookie pops into the planter, pushing the sticks into the Styrofoam to secure at different heights. Add a few green Swedish Fish as the leaves.
For more great cupcake recipes by Karen Tack and Allan Richardson, check out Hello, Cupcake!, available here.