To find out when and where Carin will be performing, look at our Event Calendar.|
Carin Koch first started playing golf at the age of nine. While a member of the
University of Tulsa golf team, she was named Second-Team All-American in
Carin joined the professional golf scene in 1992, competing on the WPGET and the
Asian Tour. She joined the LPGA Tour as a rookie in 1995, and is now a top
contender, with over 40 top-10 tournament finishes.
• In 2003, gave birth to her second child, Simzon Michael, on April 6, and
returned to the Tour at the U.S. Women's Open in July; best finish was fourth at
the Wachovia LPGA Classic hosted by Betsy King; posted a 1-2-1 record as a
member of the victorious European Solheim Cup Team.
• In 2002, recorded a career-best 13 top-10 finishes, including three runner-up
finishes: second at the Sports Today CJ Nine Bridges Classic and tied for second
at the ShopRite LPGA Classic and Mobile LPGA Tournament of Champions Presented
by Ultimate Software, where she recorded a career-low 62 during the first round
and crossed the $2 million mark in career earnings; finished with a 4-0-1 record
as a member of the European Solheim Cup Team.
• In 2001, became a Rolex First-Time Winner at the LPGA Corning Classic by
posting four consecutive rounds in the 60s; her husband Stefan was her caddie
• In 2000, was a runner-up at the Los Angeles Women's Championship; crossed the
$1 million mark in career earnings after tying for 14th at the Evian Masters;
was a member of the victorious European Solheim Cup Team, where she went 3-0 as
a “rookie” and sank an eight-foot birdie putt on the 17th hole to win her match
against Michele Redman and clinch the European Team's victory; won the Chrysler
Open on the LET, her first professional victory, as well as the Team World Cup
with Sophie Gustafson in Ireland.
• 5'6”, blond hair, blue eyes.
• Started playing golf at the age of 9.
• Credits her father Owe Hjalmarsson, husband Stefan Koch, Kjell Enhager, Pia
Nilsson and Chuck Cook as the individuals most influencing her career.
• Married Stefan Koch on Dec. 30, 1995.
• Competed as Carin Hjalmarsson in 1995 and Carin Hj Koch in 1996.
• Gave birth to son Oliver Michael Ture on Nov. 27, 1998.
• Gave birth to son Simzon Michael on April 6, 2003.
• Enjoys spending time with friends and family.
• Represents PING, Jelly Belly, Dexter shoes and Ivanhoe of Sweden.