• 1 package frozen pound cake
• 4 oz. prepared cream cheese with strawberries
• 2 cups powdered sugar
• 3 Tbs. milk
• 2 oz. (about 50 beans) Jelly Belly jelly beans, assorted flavors
1. Trim dark crust from top and sides of cake.
2. Cut cake into six slices, then cut each slice into two, creating two 1 ½ inch
cubes from each slice.
3. Cut each cube into two layers, fill with cream cheese and reassemble cakes.
4. Place cakes on a wire rack over a large bowl and set aside.
5. Stir powdered sugar and milk together until smooth. Spoon icing over petit
fours, allowing excess to drip into bowl.
6. Use excess icing to finish cakes as needed. Decorate petit fours with Jelly
Belly jelly beans.
7. Refrigerate until icing is set, about 10 minutes. Place on platter and serve.
Makes 12 petit fours.
Tip: To make ahead, prepare petit fours, ice and refrigerate. Set jelly beans
aside until last minute. To decorate, use white icing in a tube. Put a dab on
each jelly bean and press into place on the petit fours (jelly beans, if
refrigerated too long, may begin to lose their shine as moisture from the fridge
collects on the outside of the beans).