• 6 egg whites
• Pinch of salt
• 1 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
• 1/2 tsp. almond extract
• 1 1/2 C. sugar
• 4 oz. assorted Jelly Belly jelly beans in Red Apple, Green Apple and Lemon
• Raspberry sorbet to fill wreaths, optional
1. Preheat oven to 170°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a round cookie cutter or a
small can, trace ten 3 ½- inch to 4-inch circles on parchment. Set aside.
3. In the clean, dry mixing bowl, beat egg whites, salt and cream of tartar with
an electric mixer, until soft peaks form.
4. With the mixer running, add almond extract and gradually add sugar. Beat
until stiff and glossy.
5. Spoon meringue into pastry bag with large flower tip. Pipe about 3/4 cup
meringue for each wreath onto parchment-lined baking sheet, using tracing lines
as a guide for size.
6. Gently press jelly beans into sides of meringue. Bake for 2 ½ hours at 170°F,
or until hard.
7. For an elegant and refreshing dessert, place a small scoop of sorbet at
center of wreath, serve immediately.
Makes 12-14 wreaths
Note: Wreaths can be made 2 days ahead. Store in air tight container.