• 6 egg whites
• Pinch of salt
• 1 ½ tsp. cream of tartar
• ½ tsp. almond extract
• 1 ½ cup sugar
• 4 oz. assorted Jelly Belly jelly beans in Cotton Candy, Berry Blue, Lemon
Drop, Island Punch and Lemon Lime flavors
• Candies or sherbet to fill nests
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Using a round cookie cutter or a small can, trace the outline of a 3 ½ inch
to 4 inch circle, for 10 circles. Set aside.
3. In the clean, dry mixing bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg whites, salt and
cream of tartar, until soft peaks form.
4. With the mixer running, add almond extract and gradually add sugar. Beat
until stiff and glossy.
5. Spoon about ¾ cup meringue onto parchment lined baking sheet, using tracing
lines as a guide for size.
6. With a large spoon make an indentation in each meringue mount to form a nest.
Gently press jelly beans into sides of meringues.
7. Bake for 2 ½ hours at 170 degrees F, or until hard.
8. Fill with jelly beans and assorted Easter candies. Or for an elegant dessert,
fill meringue nests with small scoops of pastel sherbets, serve immediately.
Makes 10 nests.
Note: Nests can be made 2 days ahead. Store in air tight