• 4 standard vanilla cupcakes, unfrosted
• 8 mini vanilla cupcakes, unfrosted
• 1 1/4 cups vanilla frosting
• 1 cup Very Cherry Jelly Belly beans
• 1/4 cup Raspberry Jelly Belly beans
• 1/2 cup Kiwi Jelly Belly beans
1. Working on 1 cupcake at a time. Spread vanilla frosting on top of a standard cupcake. Starting in the middle of the cupcake place a Raspberry Jelly Belly jelly bean, short end in, on top of the cupcake. Place 2 Raspberry beans above and 2 Very Cherry beans below around the center bean.
2. Continue with another circle of beans, this time Very Cherry above and Raspberry below. Arrange a row of Very Cherry beans, side by side, below the circle. Continue with another partial circle of beans, varying Very Cherry and Raspberry. Add Kiwi Jelly Belly beans as the base of the rose.
3. Repeat with the other standard cupcakes and beans.
4. Spread vanilla frosting on top of the mini cupcakes. Arrange the rose cupcakes on a serving platter with the mini cupcakes as the stem. Place the Kiwi jelly beans in rows as the rose stems and leaves.
5. Add love note and serve.
Makes 4 standard and 8 mini cupcakes
This recipe was developed especially for Jelly Belly by our friends Karen Tack and Alan Richardson, authors of the best selling book Hello Cupcake!